Monday, March 9, 2009

Yonex All England Open

Badminton: China sweep titles
Lin leads the way in Birmingham
Last updated: 8th March 2009


Lin Dan celebrates





China completed a clean sweep of the titles at the Yonex All England Open Championships in Birmingham.

Olympic champion Lin Dan led the way, claiming his fourth men's singles title in six years with victory over world number one Lei Chong Wei of Malaysia.

"Sometimes it seems I have been seen as a bad boy but since the Olympics I have been consciously making an effort to show I am quite a nice person," he said.

"I am able to focus better this way and stay calm. I think both myself and Lee Chong Wei played very well and the real winners were the crowd."

Lin's hard-fought 21-19 21-12 win at Birmingham's National Indoor Arena was matched by compatriots in the four other categories.











Wang Yihan saw off defending champion and top seed Tine Rasmussen in the women's singles final while He Hanbin and Yu Yang took the mixed doubles title.

Denmark's Rasmussen did not let her title go without a fight and survived a match point in the second game to level at 1-1 against Wang.







But the Chinese produced the stronger finish and won 21-19 21-23 21-11.

Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng triumphed in the men's doubles with Zhang Yawen and Zhao Tingting winning the women's pairs.






1 comment:

yonex said...

Hey
You have given large information. I am searching for a long time you are just too good I can't tell you with the word. Thank you for giving us this kind of information.